Citrus Chicken Salad
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup olive oil, divided
1 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
1/4 cup MITSUKAN Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce*
*1/4 cup light soy sauce plus 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice can be substituted
8 cups mixed salad greens
1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned (white or ruby)
1 avocado, peeled and quartered
1/3 cup toasted shelled pistachio nuts
1/2 cup NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar – Roasted Garlic
1/4 tsp. dry mustard powder
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a heavy skillet until very hot. Quickly sear chicken on both sides. Pour 1 cup of the orange juice, and Mitsukan soy sauce over chicken and continue cooking over high heat until juice is evaporated and chicken is glazed. Turn chicken once or twice during cooking.
- While chicken cooks, prepare dressing by mixing together remaining orange juice and olive oil, rice vinegar, and dry mustard.
- Arrange salad greens and grapefruit sections on four serving plates. Top with chicken that has been sliced, and avocado that has been sliced into fan shape. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
- Store any remaining dressing in refrigerator for future use.
- Makes a lovely main dish salad. Serve on four individual plates, may be accompanied by warm crusty Italian or French bread.
- Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Mizkan.com