Beef Shank Curry
1 box (7.1oz) House Kokumaro Curry (Med Hot)
1 lb beef shank, cut in bite-size pieces
4 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
2 dried red chili peppers
2 medium carrots, cut in large cubes
4 medium potatoes, cut in large cubes
7 oz Eryngii (Trumpet) mushrooms, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 head broccoli, cut in bite-size and par-boiled
1 cup red wine
5 1/2 cups water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot and add onions, garlic and red chili pepper. Sauté onions until they are tender.
- Add beef shank and carrots and continue to sauté until beef is browned.
- Pour in red wine and water, bring to a boil and skim off the foam. Simmer at medium low heat for 20 minutes. Add potatoes and Eryngii mushrooms and continue to cook until the beef is tender.
- Remove from heat. Break House Kokumaro Curry roux into cubes and add to mixture.
- Return to heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until curry thickens.
- Add broccoli to the curry. Bring to a boil.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Serves ten.
Recipe courtesy of Flavorofjapan.com