A leading Food Wholesaler and distributor is looking for a right candidate as Human Resources Assistant in our BC office.
Reporting to the HR & Admin Manager. The ideal candidate will provide clerical support to the HR Department and perform office administration duties as well as organizing events and meetings.
• Provide recruitment support in job posting and renew; schedule interviews, conduct interviews for entry level positions and do reference check for entry level positions (15%)
• Ensures all employee documentation is complete and maintain electronic and paper files and follows up on discrepancies (15%)
• Support bi-weekly payroll preparation (15%)
• Input and maintain employee information to the HR management information system (10%)
• Provide administrative support in general (e.g. office maintenance, planning and organizing company events and staff functions, etc.) (10%)
• Support vacation planning and monitor attendance and vacation status (5%)
• Support benefit plan documentation (5%)
• Perform new employee orientation for entry level positions (5%)
• Co-ordinate training sections for new SOP (5%)
• Provide company staff with clear info and explanations regarding HR-related policies & procedures (5%)
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts on matters related to work (5%)
• Other HR and administrative duties as assigned (5%)
• Completion of a post-secondary Diploma or degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration, related work experience is an asset
• Basic knowledge of Employment Law
• Intermediate skill of Microsoft Office Suite products
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and activities in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking, interpersonal and administrative skills
• Sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural background
• Preference will be given to bilingual candidate (Cantonese and/or Mandarin & English)
• MSP subsidy, Full group benefits (Medical, Dental, Life), Paid Vacation, Paid Statutory Holiday, etc.