Canda Six Fortune is one of the leading wholesalers and distributors of Asian food products.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant with 3 – 5 years of related experience to work in our office in BC.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Finance Manager. This role will be primarily
responsible in meeting financial reporting requirements, which may include assisting with
closing procedures, accounting systems planning, IFRS/ASPE standards accounting policy research,
MD&A preparation, variance analysis, bank/tax reconciliations and financial statement preparation.
As a Senior Accountant, you will assist management teams with reporting requirements and meeting deadlines,
both internal and external. The Senior Accountant may also monitor accounts payable procedures and financial reporting functions.
- Preparation and review of monthly reporting packages and associated reports
- Preparation of any specialized financial analysis reporting requirements
- Preparation and review of Bank Reconciliations along with any required follow-up
- Preparation of Tax/Statistics reporting, reconciliations and statutory filings to various Government Agencies
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly variance analysis reports including variance analysis of corporate costs compared with quarterly forecasts and the annual business plan
- Bookkeeping on special projects and regular period ending closing entries
- Assist with continuous disclosure requirements and ensure adherence to GAAP and company accounting policies & procedures. Ensure internal & external deadlines are met
- Assist with budget planning, preparation and other FP&A works
- Other various projects assigned by the Financial Controller and/or executive team
- Responsible for reviewing the accounting treatment and process implications for new arrangements and unusual activity for our business
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of recent related accounting experience
- Experienced with performing full cycle accounting, and period close activities including general ledger services; and providing financial advice and stewardship
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel and using office and accounting software products (preferably ACCPAC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy and the ability to verify information, resolve discrepancies, and monitor/process financial transactions
- Able to manage multiple priorities and consistently produce results within the timeline
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal clients and colleagues and other contacts while upholding the highest standards of tact, discretion and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to act and operate independently with minimal supervision
- CPA designation is preferred or in the process of completing the program
- Familiar with ACCPAC would be an asset
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail
with the position you are applying for as the "Subject" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing.
Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.