Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd. is one of the leading importers and
distributors of Asian food products from the Pacific Rim and other regions of the world.
We are currently looking for a team-player to ensure the highest quality of our food brands
that comply with the North American food safety standards.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Assistant reports to the QA Supervisor and is responsible for
the safety and quality of our imported products. This involves reviewing Canadian food safety
standards and coordinating with the CFIA to ensure compliance by completing audits and investigations.
- Review new and existing product ingredient for compliance including raw material, allergen control, food labelling, and plant food safety document (40%)
- Handle consumer complaint follow-ups with product recalls, support the team to investigate the root cause and follow up corrective plan (30%)
- Vendor food safety certificate updates (10%)
- Internal warehouse audit follow-up (10%)
- Regular administrative support (10%)
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in food science
- 1-year related work experience in the food industry
- Knowledge of the CFIA regulatory and labeling regulations and Food Safety Standards and its application in food industry
- Proven knowledge in the principles of Food Safety Standards (e.g. HACCP), and in the evaluation of Food Safety Control Programs; value experience in food labeling review that meets CFIA requirements
- Be able to speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese or Korean is considered an asset for foreign communication
- Passion for food and love for learning new recipes (cultural – fit)
- Full group benefits (Medical, Dental, Life), Paid Vacation, Paid Statutory Holiday, etc.
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail
with the position you are applying for as the "Subject" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing.
Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.