Canda Six Fortune is one of the leading wholesalers and distributors of
Asian food products. We are currently looking for a Legal & Compliance Assistant
who is extremely organized, has excellent attention to detail and takes ownership
for all responsibilities that come their way.
The Legal & Compliance Assistant will report to the President of the company and provide
support with preparation, review, editing and maintenance of legal or compliance documents;
publishing of such documents internally in alignment with Group policies and procedures.
This will also involve preparation, review, editing and maintenance of business contracts with
vendors, customers, service providers and brokers. Interaction is required at all levels
within the organization and the parent company. This position offers a tremendous diversity of work
and excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Managing corporate documents such as partnership agreements, business contracts, meeting minutes, corporate filings, trademarks, leases and licenses.
- Support the parent company in preparing regulatory filings in multiple jurisdictions.
- Updating corporate reference documents and ensuring that they are current and accurate.
- Preparing, organizing and maintaining contract files for vendors, customers, service providers, and brokers.
- Referencing and applying policies, procedures, and guidelines to assist the President in making decisions and solving problems.
- Providing back-up to senior team members.
- Assisting with ongoing and ad hoc projects, e.g. implementation of a new document management system, contingency study on the launching of new laws and regulations.
- Supporting the President in tasks similar to an executive assistant.
Our ideal candidate would have the knowledge and experience in legal and compliance in an industry
(food wholesale or retail industry preferred). Relevant experience in a complex and global environment
where they interacted with many different groups and individuals would be an asset.
Experience in providing support in a legal department is also an advantage.
A self-starter, an expert multi-tasker with good administrative and customer service skills,
and a team player with an eye for detail will be a good fit for this position. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- A strong ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and organize a diverse high-volume workload to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and timeliness.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) at an Advanced level.
- Ability to exercise judgement and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail; e.g. strong proof-reading capabilities and ability to file and maintain corporate records.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which would be a requisite for preparing documents such as distributorship agreement, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, notice to customers, and managing the execution of them with senior executives.
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work with complex processes that require a deep understanding of the task at hand, and excellent problem-solving skills to get to the end-result efficiently and effectively
- At least 2 years of related work experience, practice in a corporate legal or compliance environment is an asset.
- Paralegal diploma, legal assistant certificate or university degree is preferred.
If you meet the requirements above, please send us your resume by E-mail
with the position you are applying for as the "Subject" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please also indicate where you learned about this employment opportunity.
At Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing.
Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.